Charter private plane. The only way to fly
That very first moment that you experience the pleasure of travelling to your destination via a charter private plane, will be the moment you realise that it is the only way to fly. We explore some of the main reasons why discerning business and leisure travellers are increasingly opting to make use of private charter planes instead of commercial airlines.
The different types of aircraft
Most multi-passenger types of aircraft can predominantly be divided into two main categories: turboprops and jets.
- Turboprops: Propeller driven aircraft that can carry between 2 – 8 passengers and that are suited for traveling shorter distances.
- Jets: Jet engine propelled aircraft that can carry several hundred passengers and that are suited for traveling long distances.
Pros and cons of turboprops and jets
Here is a simplified explanation of the basic pros and cons of each of the abovementioned aircraft:
- Jet pros: The two main advantages of jets are that they can carry large numbers of passengers and that they can travel long distances, such as internationally.
- Jet cons: Because of its size and capacity, jets are expensive to operate and are limited to landing at large airports with advanced facilities and long landing strips.
- Turboprop pros: Turboprops offer access to significantly more areas, as they can also land at smaller airports with short or rough landing strips that are inaccessible to jets.
- Turboprop cons: Turboprops cannot compare with the performance of jets over long distances and can only carry a limited number of passengers.
The relevance of turboprops and jets for air travellers
As they charge per seat, commercial airlines mostly use jets, because it enables them to carry as many passengers as possible. However, jets are more expensive to operate and their ticket sales need to recover the cost. For this reason, there are several instances where it could very well be more economic to rather book a turboprop from a private charter company:
- For shorter distance flights across South Africa and neighbouring countries.
- When you need to fly a small group of executives to conferences or events.
- When you need to fly several executives business class or first class.
Turboprops are also more suitable than jets in the following scenarios:
- When time is of the essence: Rigid flight schedules of commercial airlines can be a major limitation when you need to get to your destination fast.
- When you need to travel to remote locations: Business in South Africa or Africa often requires travel to smaller towns or villages which are not frequented by commercial airlines or that have less sophisticated landing facilities that do not cater for jets.
Go private for flights that are designed around you
Flying commercially poses a multitude of other potential issues as well, such as lengthy queues to check in, luggage that gets lost or stolen and rigid flight schedules. A private charter company such as FlyJetstream Aviation on the other hand, has the flexibility to present you with solutions that are customised for optimal convenience, cost effectiveness and time economy. FlyJetstream Aviation is a provider of choice for charter flights in South Africa.